At CityFit, one of our main focuses is on holistic wellness. When it comes to nutrition, just as with exercise, we believe that there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution. Which is why we are dedicated to helping each one of our clients achieve their health and wellness goals in a timely, personalized and realistic manner.
Eating properly and enjoyably is imperative to reaching your nutrition goals and we understand that it is also one of the most difficult aspects of a healthy lifestyle change. If you are struggling with any nutrition concerns, our nutritionists can help you:
- Adopt healthier eating habits
- Identify food habits that may be sabotaging your weight control efforts
- Make small yet effective lifestyle changes resulting in long-term weight loss
- Formulate a personalized nutrition plan based on your likes and dislikes and your specific concerns
- Set realistic and attainable nutrition goals
There are many negative repercussions of unhealthy eating which include weight gain, lethargy and a higher risk of developing certain illnesses. At CityFit, we view nutrition in a way which goes beyond calories or grams, seeing it instead as a way to create good health and reduce your risk of diseases such as:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Heart disease
- Certain cancers
While an occasional lapse in eating highly nutritious foods is unlikely to cause problems, consuming low quality products over many years will have a detrimental impact on both your short-term and long-term wellbeing.
When you combine proper nutrition with consistent exercise, the synergistic effect is so powerful that you will be able to see definite results in a very short amount of time. Some of the incredible benefits of practicing good food and exercise habits together include:
- Improved heart health: Exercising regularly and reducing your fat and cholesterol intake will help prevent plaque buildup in your arteries and help keep your heart healthy.
- Enhanced physical performance: Exercise and nutrition work synergistically, creating the capacity for enhanced performance.
- Promotes weight loss: Exercise together with a proper diet will help place your body in caloric deficit, meaning that you are burning more calories than you are consuming.
- Mental stimulation: Maintaining good eating habits and exercising consistently will reduce negative mental conditions such as anxiety, depression and mood swings and will improve your self esteem.
At CityFit, our committed and knowledgeable Calgary nutritionists are dedicated to helping you create and maintain healthy lifestyle changes so that you can become better, move faster and feel stronger.
- All initial nutritional consultations are provided at no charge and no obligation
- Complete meal planning is available
- Take advantage of healthy FitKitchen.ca meals available onsite and even order multi-day meal plans delivered directly to CityFit
To begin your journey back to health and wellness, browse our trainer section or request a specific nutrition coach recommendation at email@example.com
Whether you want to address a particular food-based issue or lose some stubborn weight, learn how our nutrional consultants can help by calling our Calgary fitness facility at 403-453-0033 or visit cityfit.ca