Born and raised in Kingston, Ontario, Tyler Shillington began his training career early when, at 15 years old, he coached his high school’s Senior Girls Volleyball team.
Despite having grown up playing volleyball, fastball and basketball, Tyler’s athletic career was limited due to chronic shoulder pain. Upon graduating from Dalhousie University with a degree in Kinesiology and an intention to pursue physiotherapy, Tyler realized that he could help people through strength and conditioning rather than first phase rehabilitation.
While focusing on allowing each muscle to do its proper job and helping his clients regain their natural posture and coordination, Tyler believes it is possible to train simultaneously for performance, prevention and rehabilitation.
Throughout his dynamic career, Tyler has had the privilege of working with a wide array of individuals, each with their own challenges and rewards. Whether he is working with 7 year olds or weekend warriors and international, professional athletes, Tyler motivates and encourages all of his clients to perform at their highest level. He is especially proud to have helped grandparents play with their grandchildren pain-free.
- Royal Military College Men’s Soccer Strength and Conditioning Coach (2011-2012)
- Kingston Football Club (CSL) Strength and Conditioning Coach (2012)
- Consultant to Harvard Men’s Lacrosse Defense (2015)
- Training athletes attending or committed to attend Division 1 schools including Stanford, Harvard, Furman, UMass Lowell
- International and Professional Lacrosse Player
- International Trampolinist
- Coaching International Women’s Tackle Football
- Post-operation ACL rehabilitation
- Post-operation knee replacement rehabilitation
- Labral tear rehabilitation